Lightricks creates award-winning apps – in the field of image, sound and text processing – used by hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world.
We’re looking for a superstar VP Engineering to lead, implement and oversee engineering strategies, procedures, and goals for our award-winning suite of creativity product experiences – the Videoleap, Lightleap, Photoleap, Artleap, Motionleap & Beatleap apps. You’ll report to both the CTO (functional) & Division Manager (direct).
Lightricks is proudly tech-centered and as such, the VP Engineering will be the driving force behind a large group of talented engineers that creates and delivers amazing products which have a huge impact on the creative sphere.
On top of an excellent high level tech understanding, this role requires a combination of team play, good planning and execution skills, constant communications and people management experience. In turn, these will bring our award-winning Division, home to some of our most cutting-edge product experiences, to new heights that meet growing consumer demand.
- Engineering Management – motivate and drive your people to success. Utilize each member of the different teams while balancing between pushing hard towards a deadline and knowing when a team needs to rest, even at the cost of reaching our goals.
- Engineering Roadmap and Delivery – understand and communicate the status of each project to stakeholders. Make sure the delivery timeline is in check with the project’s progress. Carefully balance tradeoffs between features, quality and speed while taking into consideration the effect on the business and product metrics, how urgent is it for them to be delivered and whether there are other tasks or entities who are blocked on them.
- Professional Growth – facilitate a culture that promotes professionalism: make sure there are enough senior engineers to learn from in each team, and that task assignments and timelines encourage engineers to learn from each other. Learning is a core value at Lightricks and we will entrust it in your faithful hands.
- Managing Engineering Projects – facilitate and improve the ways engineering projects are managed in the division. Work together with the CTO and the VP Engineering of the other divisions to create a shared methodology for planning, execution and delivery of such projects.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience.
- Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, strong desire to learn.
- Great communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Hands-on and/or managerial knowledge in building mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Experience with building and deploying products that are used by millions of users around the world.
- Experience with building successful products while working together with product managers.