Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success. Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
Ex Libris's software development team focuses on the design and implementation of the next generation of features.
Ex Libris is looking for an experienced UX Designer to help the team create simple user interfaces and design interactions that make complex tasks easy in our mobile and web-based applications.
- Work closely with Product Managers and R&D to understand the customer needs and product requirements
- Conduct user research and apply user-centered design best practices to create and validate designs which meet user needs
- Develop design renderings/wireframes defining the user interface form, navigation, interaction, and screen design across multiple devices.
- Create high and low-fidelity prototypes to support rapid design iteration and user testing.
- Work closely with the UI developers to define and apply consistent styles and interaction patterns
- A. degree or equivalent training/professional work experience in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Academic or Professional courses in Graphic Design/User Experience Design a big advantage
5 or more years working in interface design, web design, information architecture, user research or similar field
- Experience designing elegant, responsive interfaces for mobile & web applications (preferably demonstrated through work samples or a design portfolio)
- Experience creating effective information architecture and hierarchy
- UX research skills (user analysis & profiling)
- Usability testing experience
- Visual design experience (able to lead an UI developer in producing visually appealing interfaces)
- Experience integrating user centered design practices with an agile development approach
- High level of English
- Fluent with design and diagramming tools such as Axure, Visio, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and validation methods an advantage
- High ability to learn
- Able to work in a team
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office
- Reporting to Rosetta Technical Support Team Leader
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance
Why Ex Libris?
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!