Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
The System Engineering TL will need to utilize their deep knowledge of system engineering infrastructure to perform the implementation, operational support, maintenance and optimization of the system infrastructure hardware and software components.
In this role you will lead our global and talented system team and join them in shaping our emerging cloud solution while using innovative technologies.
A typical day might include the following:
- Manage a global system’s team of system engineers
- Lead the systems aspect of Ex Libris’ private cloud, you will handle topics such as:
- Computing resources and hardware
- Linux and windows servers (OS level) management and optimization
- Virtualization (Red Hat KVM), VMware
- Managing the infrastructure supporting tools
- Developing and managing automations and configuration management tools
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill-checks
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Applies and maintains industry best practice approaches and enterprise standards to ensure reliable network service that supports organizational goals and objectives.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots system related issues and provides thorough, timely resolutions to operational issues
- Implements and operates large scale datacenter computing resources, utilizing a variety of technical equipment, including network devices, storage controllers, servers and security devices
- Monitors and tests servers performance, while managing computing capacity, providing computing performance statistics and reports and managing servers’ system backups.
- Creates and maintains systems’ documentation related to configuration, processes and service records
- Conducts research on computing and other system products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of latest developments in the networking industry.
- Performs regular system audits, identifying vulnerabilities, threats and performance issues
- Provides support and input in other Cloud disciplines, including storage, network and security.
Technical Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as, Computer Science, or at least 4 years’ related experience in Systems Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven team leadership experience
- Vast experience with the Linux operating system (CentOS)
- Experience with Windows server
- Experience with Cisco UCS and network devices
- Experience with Shared Storage HW and protocols (NAS\SAN)
- Experience conducting research in system solutions/products and performing proof of concept testing
- Experience with Python scripting and automations
General Minimum Qualifications:
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and knowledge
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolutions and maintain strong relationships
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office location.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Why Ex Libris?
We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!