About The Position
Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s… and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like General Electric, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited about freight in the process.
Who are we? Besides smugly clever? Freightos has built the world’s largest global freight booking platform, streamlining and expanding world trade by connecting thousands of logistics providers, airlines, ocean liners, manufacturers, and retailers.
We’re looking for a passionate techy to lead software architecture across our many offerings and products.
Who you are:
You are an experienced tech leader who builds and shapes systems to delight users. You look at code and systems like Neo in the Matrix, through architecturally tinted glasses that help shape complex products incrementally and elegantly. In short you make hard things look easy.
You are a hands-on techy who loves design and goes deep. You are willing to make decisions and see them through but are also great at empowering others to take the lead. You’ve been around enough to know that less is more. And it’s all about the code. And about the people. And the Matrix. And the bass (no treble).
You are a people person and a team player comfortable working with multiple business units to make sure they collaborate and build the pieces that make up a whole.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You’ll become an expert in our business and tech stack and drive analysis of cross R&D common requirements and technologies.
- You’ll draw pretty pictures that tell the story of how our system works and what each bit does.
- You’ll work with the R&D leads to make sure their technical designs and specifications make sense in the larger context of Freightos tech.
- You’ll be called in to help solve sticky technical problems because you’re good at that.
- You’ll lead process flow analysis and refactoring processes – ah yes, and follow up on implementation to make sure you’re as persuasive as you think you are.
- You’ll mentor developers in their techniness because that’s what you like to do.
- Piles and piles of experience in design and implementation of complex software systems.
- At least 5 years management experience of some sort (team leader and above).
- At least 5 years of web & cloud environment experience.
- In-depth knowledge of web-based systems, networking modules, and software integration.
- Ability to see big-picture designs from basic specifications.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn new things and to adapt to new situations
- Attention to details
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Experience as an architect in a software development
- Good understanding of databases (SQL and NoSQL)
Location – Jerusalem and travel once that becomes a thing
Full-time position, Hybrid work model
Reports to Sr. Director of R&D & dotted line to Freightos Group CEO