- You’ll lead software development of major features and systems (architect, design, build and maintain). Maybe we’ll call you Captain Code.
- You will promote clean coding inside your team and beyond.
- We deliver features continuously, and therefore your code will include the appropriate automated tests.
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Freight never slows down; our SDEs participate in the on-call rotation.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent programming skills, ideally as a polyglot or at least in Java or Node
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced English skillz, yo, with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of Google/AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases).
- Good prior work building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.