EX LIBRIS– Who are we?
Ex Libris, Part of Clarivate, is a global leader in the EdTech (Education Technology) industry. We serve some of the most prestigious academic institutions and research universities around the world, with a total of over 7,500 customers in 90 countries.
Our SaaS solutions help universities transform academic libraries, maximize the impact of research activities, enhance teaching and learning, and drive student engagement and success. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
As a member of the Content Operations team, the Senior Metadata Librarian (Cataloging) manages all aspects of metadata as the data progresses through the system in support of Ex Libris products and is responsible for creating, enhancing, and reconciling MARC and other authority data in Ex Libris knowledgebases. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about the future of library metadata beyond MARC and has a grounded understanding of the role that metadata plays in driving library services
A typical day might include the following:
The Senior Metadata Librarian is responsible for ensuring the quality and timeliness of updates and additions for all authority work. The employee performs a gap analysis to identify what metadata is missing and works with outside vendors, libraries, and publishers to obtain metadata, or create original cataloging, to fill those gaps
- Create data management requirements and specifications across many different metadata standards that support organizational initiatives
- Drive scope and timeliness of the metadata tracked in Ex Libris knowledgebases, creating authority records, and normalizing knowledgebase titles to the authority records to ensure bibliographic accuracy for customers
- Ensure the quality of the knowledge bases by running quality control reports and creating system rules to manage issues associated with the metadata
- Masters’ degree or higher in a related field, such as Library Sciences
- At Least 3 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledgeable about bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting
- Experience working with the library industry and other bibliographic databases, and the ability to deftly enter and manipulate data within them
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent research, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across functional groups to meet aggressive schedules
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned databases, metadata, and client relationships
- Attention to detail and accuracy while handling a high-volume workload
More important information for you:
- Our base is in the Jerusalem, Israel office, working in a hybrid
- The position reports to Content Operations Manager
Why Ex Libris?
At Ex Libris, we value our employees and are striving to create the perfect balance between work and home life. Join us to be part of a family-like environment; enjoy our unique culture and benefits. Be part of a thriving, productive community helping to change the future of higher education with the state-of-the-art technology coming from Ex Libris.
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!