We’re a mission-driven leader in medical technology and solutions with a legacy of integrity and innovation. Be a part of a community of experts committed to ensuring quality, affordable healthcare worldwide.
Come strengthen your specialized skills and enhance your expertise. We’ll support you with the training, mentorship, guidance, and networks you need to advance, and empower you to work in the way that’s best for you.
Together, we can confront the challenges that will change the face of healthcare. Join us for a career that change lives.
A Day in the Life
The Senior Human Factors Design Engineer is primarily responsible for user-centered research and design activities related to Patient Monitoring business. With focus on physical and graphical user interfaces, this position will support product development teams throughout the development lifecycle. The Sr HF Engineer will be responsible for planning and conducting user research, providing design inputs from ergonomic and cognitive human aspects and in relation to product interactions, evaluating potential use errors and risks, identifying and evaluating best design solutions, performing usability tests, and contributing to the verification and the validation of medical devices.
• Planning, scaling, documenting, and executing human factors project activities
• Work with cross-functional teams and provide Human Factors support through entire product development life cycle
• Support early stage development with research and usability evaluations to identify user needs Develop requirements related to use, user interactions, human performance and use environment.
• Collaborate in ideation and conceptual design activities and presentations
• Define and document workflows, user-related tasks and scenarios related to product use
• Lead risk management process related to users and user interfaces
• Plan and execute usability evaluations to ensure user interface requirements are met, risk controls pertaining to use have been applied and are effective analyze data and report results, make recommendations for improvements based on Human Factors guidelines and best practices
• BA/BS or advanced degree preferred in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic design, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field or demonstrated comparable experience designing medical products.
• Experience with Human Factors or User-centered design methodologies including qualitative research, user needs assessment, design concepts, and usability evaluations in support of product development
• Experience in creating wireframes, visual mockups, graphics, and/or user workflows.
• Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
• An intuitive grasp of fundamental design disciplines (form, color and graphics) and strong conceptual ability
• Effective communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
• Strong interpersonal skills for conducting studies and leading interviews.
• Good English skills
Nice to have:
• Experience with Human Factors/Usability in medical devices and familiarity with existing IEC Usability standards, AAMI Human Factors standards and/or FDA Human Factors Guidelines
• Experience with risk management activities applied by Human Factors to medical devices (e.g. UEA, AFMEA, UFMEA, URA techniques)
• 2D design software (Photoshop, XD, Indesign etc.)
• 3D design software (Solidworks, Rhino etc.).