Here at Lightricks, an award-winning apps startup, we are in the process of scaling up our cloud systems in order to expand to new markets and meet the growth in our user base. We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our cloud infrastructure team.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive. who is just as passionate as we are about the craft of engineering and system architecture. Someone who believes that a state of the art infrastructure with reliable automation are necessities in the current software landscape, but can still appreciate the realities of business and can deliver on a tight schedule in a fast-paced environment. An individual who loves learning, understands the value of teamwork and cherishes the feedback of other talented engineers.
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructure that will provide a reliable and scalable platform for other teams to build on.
- Develop modules and tools to ease the development and deployment processes for other backend teams at the company.
- Learn and apply industry best practices and share this knowledge with other teams through guidance, lectures and workshops.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other development teams with operations related tasks.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Improve systems reliability through mechanisms like testing, automation and monitoring.
- Continuously evolve and learn new technologies that can improve our team’s workflow, accelerate the development process and make it more reliable.
- 5+ years of proven experience building and maintaining scalable and highly available systems in the cloud, preferably AWS or GCP.
- Good understanding of basic software engineering concepts like OOP, SOLID design principles, testing etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of working with Docker containers and orchestrating a production grade workload, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD solutions (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI etc.) and writing Infrastructure as Code (TerraForm, CloudFormation). Practicing GitOps methodology is a plus.
- Good familiarity with UNIX-like operating-systems and experience writing shell scripts.
- Experience in building and managing microservice systems in a serverless environment.
- Familiarity with various DB engines and good understanding of when and how to utilize each.
- B.Sc. in computer science or similar quantitative field.
- Deep understanding of networking, protocols and network-security concepts.