Our backend engineers take part in designing, building and maintaining various backend systems that are critical for the company’s operation such as: user and purchase management systems, analytics data infrastructures, marketing campaign management and optimization and more. Senior engineers at Lightricks are also expected to mentor and contribute from their knowledge and experience to the junior less experienced team members.
Our day to day job involves:
- Designing, developing and maintaining Lightricks’ backend services
- Identifying issues and bottlenecks with existing services and working to improve them
- Writing clean, maintainable and testable code, and inspiring others to do the same
- Identifying and implementing software engineering best practices
- Conducting code reviews
- Constantly improving our development process by introducing new dev tools, developing common infrastructures, automating processes etc.
- 5+ years of backend development experience, preferably in Python
- Proven experience of delivering large, successful backend projects
- High familiarity with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud infrastructure
- 3+ years of hands on experience with building, deploying and maintaining scalable systems on cloud environment
- Good understanding of critical production systems concepts – high availability, reliability and scalability
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP
- Deep knowledge of at least one SQL database (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.); noSQL databases – a plus
- Experience building big-data solutions that include data pipelining and processing infrastructures – a plus