We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our new site in Jerusalem. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge server software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
What You'll Do
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Design and implement POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Who You Are
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Professional with 4+ years of experience.
- Have a solid background in an object oriented programming language.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms)
- Unafraid of multi tasking between many programming languages, each suitable for different tasks
- Fast learner; can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team Player with great communication skills
- Pragmatic; after hearing about a difficult problem, you are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- Concise; you get stuff done, in a simple and elegant way.