Ex Libris & RefWorks– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
RefWorks simplifies the process of research, collaboration, data organization, and academic writing by providing an easy-to-use tool for citation, bibliography, and reference management. It is a cloud based (SaaS) product that supports local add-ons. The product utilizes multiple development languages including Angular 7, Angular JS, Java, Scala, C#, MongoDB and micro services deployment. The development environment is dynamic and requires the developer to be proficient in many languages and to be able to move from one to another regularly.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a full-stack developer to work in a global development team of a core product for academic libraries. As a member of the team, the employee will be responsible for developing new product abilities as well as fixing customer-related software defects, with a focus on performance. The job includes front-end development and the use of standard APIs for communication with back-end components. The daily work involves developing in Java, Scala, Angular, AngularJS, MongoDB and AWS.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Sc. in Computer Sciences/Software Engineering from a recognized academic institution.
- 2+ years of experience with Angular 2 or Angular JS.
- 2+ years of experience in HTML, CSS.
- 2+ years of experience in Scala/ Java/ C#.
- Experience with IntelliJ or a similar workspace.
- Quick self-education, high work motivation.
- Strong OOP and design skills.
- Excellent team worker as well as independent performer.
- Ability to work as part of a global team.
- Ability to write structured, commented and efficient code.
- English at a very high level, both written and spoken.
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Experience with JSP, MongoDB.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office; during COVID-19 it can be fulfilled from home.
- This position requires weekdays (Sunday – Thursday) attendance.
- Reports to Development Team Leader / Manager.
RefWorks uses the newest technologies, including Angular 7, MongoDB, Java, .Net, Node.js, MVN, Gradle, Micro-services are with Spring-boot, the cloud is AWS (VPC, Lambdas, SQS queues, auto-scaling, and a lot more).