Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s… and we’re changing that.
So who are we? Freightos has built the world’s largest global freight booking platform, streamlining and expanding world trade by connecting thousands of logistics providers, airlines, ocean liners, manufacturers, and retailers. And we’ve raised nearly $120 million from investors like General Electric, and others.
We are looking for a leader who loves solving complex problems and enjoys the challenge of building mission-critical systems with SOA, microservices and APIs. Our systems manage over two billion pricing points (in other words, Excel doesn’t really cut it), hundreds of thousands of quotes and millions of location codes, within a trillion-dollar industry.
Freightos sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of engineer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions. Not to mention leveraging your experience in building mission-critical systems with SOA, microservices and APIs that scream modularity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a Cargo Code Commander, you’ll lead software developers in the quest of major features and systems (architect, design, build, test and maintain).
- You will promote clean coding inside your team and beyond.
- We deliver features continuously, and therefore your code will include the appropriate automated tests.
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills with 8+ years of experience making computer magic happen. Mastering either Java or React.
- Experience leading a software engineering team
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and ability to apply them to a pragmatic solution.
- Experience in getting into existing code environments, including Open Source.
- Good understanding of Microservices design patterns, docker, and hands-on experience implementing Microservices (in Java, Springboot, or Node.js).
- At least good familiarity with Containers and Kubernetes.
- Working with customers and framework integration.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, troubleshooting, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner; can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.