Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
A Product Manager (PM) at Ex Libris, a ProQuest Company, is a diverse and rewarding role. The PM will manage a new product initiative in the area of academic research information management services. It will include setting scope and priorities in collaboration with the product customers, defining requirements and managing an active roadmap, building go-to-market activities, creating marketing deliverables for product launches, developing marketing collateral and sales tools. The PM must be able to interface effectively and establish quick credibility and confidence with multiple stakeholders: customers, R&D, professional services, sales, presales, marketing communication, customer support, and third-parties. The Product Manager will also serve as the liaison between the line of business and the regional teams. This requires an extremely talented and flexible individual with technical proficiency, strong presentation skills, adept business knowledge, organizational abilities, and a capability to bridge between business needs and technical requirements, taking into account broader market trends and competition.
A typical day might include the following:
- Gather and analyze market trends, competitive analysis and customers’ requirements in order to identify product priorities and compile detailed user stories.
- Manage an active roadmap and liaise with R&D in order to ensure timely delivery in high quality.
- Maintain relationships with key regional stakeholders (customers, sales, marketing) to identify market needs and define the go-to-market strategy.
- Generate marketing materials (whitepapers, presentations, etc.) and develop sales tools.
- Plan and participate in customer-facing activities (business meetings, conferences, seminars, etc.).
- Present and demo solutions for internal and external parties.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Sc. degree in a technical field – Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Exact Sciences.
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams, and to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Fluent English.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Background in academic research processes in the higher education – a major advantage.
- Experience with B2B/B2B2C products.
- Experience with cloud enterprise solutions.
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office.
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance.
- This position may require frequent travel to customer and non-customer sites.