Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
The individual who fills the MIS BI Business Analyst will be part of a dynamic team, working with cutting-edge technologies. The team is responsible for the business applications of the company.
In this position you will oversee Ex Libris Business Intelligence activities over the Power BI system. You will partner with a variety of departments to gather business/product requirements, design solutions, implement and maintain the application and related integrations to ensure the delivery of innovative, high-quality solutions that meet business needs.
A typical day might include the following:
- Gather and analyze business requirements, analyze data and translate all to a comprehensive solution design.
- Implement and develop visual reports and dashboards, simplify UX to guide users through a compelling data driven-story.
- Connect to various data sources, import and transform data.
- Develop templates and procedures for standardization of deliverables and BI development process.
- Collaborate with system owners to understand the data structure and the business insights potential.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Train and provide technical support for end users.
- On call duties as required.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's in Industrial engineering, information systems or computer science.
- Two years plus of experience in MIS BA or BI related position.
- Professional experience in Power BI implementations, data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects.
- Highly experienced in SQL and DAX.
- Professional experience with one or more of the following applications will be considered as an advantage:
- Dell Boomi (or other integration application)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment for positive outcomes and generating trust.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and tasks under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- English at a high level – spoken and written.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Independent, self-motivated, detailed-oriented, highly organized.
- Quick learner.
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinker.
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office.
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance.