About Ex Libris:
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris visit www.exlibrisgroup.com.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing marketing collaterals that establishes market and thought leadership as well as highlight the product competitive advantages against various competitors. In addition, the Product Marketing Manager is responsible to support sales worldwide with their specific regional needs to promote our product in specific territories.
- Constantly follows the product development roadmap and milestones and understands the developed enhancements and features
- Produces (Including but not limited to): White Papers, Videos, Brochures, Presentations, Infographics, Guides
- Converts product enhancements to tangible market collaterals that stress our product advantages against competition as well as our innovation
- Invests time researching our main competitors, their messaging and marketing approach and proposing counter measures
- Works closely with regional field marketing, sales and Presales to produce local collaterals per demand and based on an annual planning
- Conceives and develops disruptive marketing programs that drive demand and address the needs of customers and prospects globally.
- Provides feedback to Product Management, as appropriate, on features and functions based on customer insights.
- Collaborates with Ex Libris marketing teams on respective products’ alignment to and support of overall ProQuest messaging.
- Plans and executes, with the support of product management and regional marketing teams, the go-to-market strategy and launch of new products, product bundles or releases.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders on product naming.
- Manages various projects under the direction of leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, business or other related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in B2B Product Marketing.
- Proven track record developing high quality marketing collaterals for enterprise software products that stress the competitive advantages of these products
- Experience with creating YouTube videos and Video Editing tools (i.e. – Adobe Premier, Pinnacle or Apple’s iMovie) Is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across teams in a global, matrix structure, and experience leading cross-functional teams for successful implementation of integrated marketing plans for high impact results.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, multi-location environment.
- Strong project management skills with a high attention to details.
- High proficiency in MS office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint and ability to learn new technologies.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- HTML, CSS or other design and creative technologies.
- Experience in marketing products globally.
- Knowledge of academic, public and professional library information market or experience marketing software solutions to these libraries.
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Creative suite is a plus
- English at a very high level, written and spoken
- Additional languages would be nice to have (Spanish or French is a big plus)
Occasional travel is required