The Linux engineer will be part of a dynamic team, working with innovative technologies. The team is responsible for the IT infrastructure of a global software company.
The Linux engineer will perform implementation and operational tasks amongst other technological duties.
- Deploy, operate, configure, upgrade and optimize Linux environments
- Collect and design developer’s needs
- Initiate technological and cost-efficient projects
- Write technical procedures.
- Manage projects end-to-end
Work with vendors and integrators
Linux hands-on experience (implementation, troubleshooting, operating)
- Basic knowledge with IT aspects – Storage, Virtualization, Network, Microsoft
- Hands-on experience with management tools for Linux environments– an advantage
- Familiarity with software development processes and methodologies – an advantage
- Experience with designing infrastructure solutions– an advantage
Important skills / characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneur and self-motivated
- A team player
- Hard worker
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Project management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
English at a high level – spoken and written