The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge server software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
- Implementing the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Defining and implementing effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.Designing and implementing POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics , operational shift management and more.
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Have a solid background in an object oriented programming language.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms)
- Not afraid of multi tasking between many programming languages, each suitable for different tasks
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team Player, great communication skills
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.