Lightricks is a pioneer in creativity tools that inspire people to craft visual content and share the world through their eyes with friends, family and followers. Our suite of content creation apps has over 500 million downloads worldwide and won numerous prestigious awards — including Apple’s App of the Year, the Apple Design Award and both Apple’s and Google Play’s Best of the Year. Lightricks is a data driven company, and thus the Data science group has a big impact on decision making.
We’re looking for a qualified Head of Data Science to lead all the DS activity in Lightricks! You will lead a growing group of data scientists which are involved in decision making and planning of many fields in the company, from marketing to product and finance. We face day to day business challenges and develop different methodologies for complex issues that arise from all departments in the company.
The group uses Machine Learning and Statistical tools, in order to find treasures and needle moving insights in our data. You will lead the group’s activity which includes building predictive and explanatory models; product aspects including design and analysis of AB test experiments; marketing decisions that impact tens of millions of users. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of diving into new areas and challenges, thinks outside the box, that knows how to take a business challenge and turn it into a machine learning challenge, and vice versa.
- Determine DS goals that have an impact on the company and business KPIs.
- Work with stakeholders on a daily basis including CPO, VPP, CMO, Head of Data, CFO and others.
- Design a roadmap for the data science group, in order to achieve both long term and short term project goals.
- Set best practices for the team from project initiation to production.
- Professional development of the team members.
- Staying up to date on the latest research, best practices and evangelizing their adoption within the company.
- 8+ years of experience as a data scientist in the industry, B2C experience is an advantage.
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Highly proficient in R and Python.
- Knowledge of implementing end to end projects, from EDA to production.
- Business oriented with a proven record of making business decisions by data-driven scientific research.
- Great communication skills, ability to clearly formulate problems, approaches to solutions, and results (even to non scientists).
- Experience in ML and DL tools and Statistical models.
- Experience in leading a growing data science team in an exciting and fast paced environment.