Careers that Change Lives
We’re a mission-driven leader in medical technology and solutions, with a legacy of integrity and innovation. Be a part of a community of experts committed to ensuring quality, affordable healthcare worldwide.
Come strengthen your specialized skills and enhance your expertise. We’ll support you with the training, mentorship, guidance, and networks you need to advance, and empower you to work in the way that’s best for you.
Together, we can confront the challenges that will change the face of healthcare. Join us for a career that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
The Electrical Engineer will be a member of the R&D engineering team, working on the development and support of new and exciting patient monitoring products. The Electrical Engineer is expected to work with other cross-functional members of the engineering staff to provide electrical engineering expertise and solutions to engineering problems.
The Electrical Engineer will have some responsibility for creating innovative electronic/electrical technical solutions together with supporting legacy products.
The Electrical Engineer will be part of a team which develop and introduce of new technologies, products, and/or processes supporting ongoing business objectives.
• Development of electronics technology/process projects related to new products, OEM devices, sensor technologies, and business development opportunities.
• Be part of electrical board designs including, but not limited schematics; cable and assembly drawings; flow, timing and functional diagrams; written procedures; requirements; theory of operations and specifications.
• Conduct measurements and experiments, create engineering designs, develop plans and maintain documentation on all projects.
• Create analog, digital and power analysis together with troubleshooting, prototype builds, and circuit test using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, function generators, DVM, etc.
• Plan, review, oversee and conduct testing of devices.
• Maintain current designs per medical electrical safety and electrical emissions and immunity standards (60601-1/60601-1-2)
• Work within project teams to complete product testing on time and within budget.
• Participate in requirements, design and peer reviews as they pertain to electronics/electrical hardware design.
• Support Manufacturing in troubleshooting operations involving medical devices through assembly and test
• Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, PCB layout and manufacturing.
• Write technical documentations.
• Work closely with System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, DA, RA\QA, Procurement and NPI Engineers.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of Electrical Engineering experience OR Advanced Degree and 1+ years of Electrical Engineering experience.
• Understanding, practical expertise and knowledge about Digital, Analog, and power board Level Designs.
• Experience in Altium/Orcad and Alegro Viewer.
• Familiarity with the following interfaces: USB, RS232, I2C, SPI.
• Knowledge of formal PCBA documentation (schematics, PCB fabrication drawings, PCB assembly drawings)
• Good understanding of EMC design techniques and demonstrated practical experience in providing solutions for EMC.
• Experience in evaluating and selecting components, generate component specifications, as well as functional and test specifications.
• Experience in carrying out engineering calculations and analysis (Pspice, Tina, LTspice, etc.)
• Experience in writing engineering documents, test protocols, laboratory notebook entries and reports.
Nice to have:
• Practical experience in the medical device industry.
• Experience with the following: ultra-low power battery operated systems together with embedded microcontroller/microprocessor systems.
• Knowledge of US and international medical quality, safety standards, emissions and immunity (IEC 60601-1/60601-1-2, RoHS, ISO-14971)
• Experience in integrating wireless technologies and modules (Bluetooth, BLE, WiFi, etc)
• Familiarity with DFSS methodology – Advantage
• Experience with: MiniTab, FPGA/CPLD design, LabView – Advantage
• Knowledge of on-board antenna technologies.
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art PCB fabrication technology (SMT, BGA, blind and buried microvia, flex circuits, etc.) and assembly
• Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturers for PCB fabrication and assembly