- Your ultimate responsibility is for timely delivery of high-quality software and features, managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment.
- Working closely with product management, you will be responsible for user story definition and iteration planning.
- You will be responsible for the architecture and design of the software, including deployment architecture.
- You will drive technology direction in both front-end and back-end areas.
- You will manage the end-to-end life cycle for the production system
- You will define and adopt processes for your team to deliver quality software that meets the expectations of stakeholders.
- As the manager of a team of early in career developers, you will be responsible for fostering an environment of passion and high-energy, as well as trust, respect, and nurturing.
- You will be responsible for coaching your developers towards expert level skill in their areas of their work.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Prior experience in managing a team of software engineers and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Experience in the Agile methodology
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- At least 4 years of prior experience as full stack developer
- Deep knowledge in Node.js
- Experienced with NoSQL databases (MongoDB – an advantage)
- Experienced with cloud services (AWS – an advantage)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with rapidly evolving requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.