The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s engineers and QA analysts through the product life cycle, hands-on, and contribute directly to our cutting-edge technologies. You will be shaping the future of transportation, affecting tens of thousands of rides daily worldwide.
- Be the full tech owner of your team’s products
- Growing and mentoring your team members
- Take end-to-end professional responsibility over your team’s Agile development life-cycle
- Proactively build your team, recruiting and on-boarding
- Be a hands-on developer in your team – designing, coding, and delivering features to production
- Lead the team’s atmosphere and culture
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 4-5 years of professional experience in backend or full-stack development
- 2-3 years of experience as a web application developer / in a hands-on technical leadership position
- Great people skills with the ability to work with everyone in the company at both a conceptual as well as a detailed levelA tech savvy, team player with a “can do” attitude
- Independent, responsible, with a true desire to make an impact
- Passionate about software engineering and constantly expanding your knowledge
- An expert in balancing the trade-offs between technical and product priorities
- Enjoys working with people
- Driven by tough challenges, and producing reliable and scalable solutions
- Enthusiastic about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance
- Preferred experience (one or more) –
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, etc.
- Full stack development in: Python/Java/JS/Scala
- Databases: MySQL, NoSQL (Redis, Mongo)
- High-scale design, automation tests, micro-services