EX LIBRIS– Who are we?
Ex Libris, Part of Clarivate, is a global leader in the EdTech (Education Technology) industry. We serve some of the most prestigious academic institutions and research Universities around the world, with a total of over 7,500 customers in 90 countries.
Our SaaS solutions help universities transform academic libraries, maximize the impact of research activities, enhance teaching and learning, and drive student engagement and success. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Director to join and lead our Israel Finance team in the Ex Libris-Jerusalem, Israel office. This is an amazing opportunity to lead an accounting team that oversees the operations of multiple Legal Entities of an international technology company. The team consists of 12 colleagues, controller, assistant controllers, and bookkeepers and is reporting to the International Controller, Clarivate We have a great skill set in Ex Libris and we would love to speak with you if you have the skills and complementary experience required to lead and manage the team.
Minimum 7 years of experience in a mid-large sized technology company
- Proven experience in roles such as Financial Director / Director of Finance / Head of Accounting/Finance
- Solid understanding of financial reporting, controllership, financial close, and other crucial processes
- Experience in both Israeli and foreign tax filings and compliance
- Leadership skills and experience in managing a team
- CPA from one of the Big 4 firms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Hebrew
- Able to handle pressure and deadlines
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially in Excel
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Analytical thinking, initiative, independent, exact, and ambitious
- Ability to work in a team and have a good rapport with others
- Willingness to work hard and Ability to work under pressure
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience in reporting according to American regulations – US GAAP, SOX, etc.
- Experience in NetSuite ERP system
- Experience in SAAS and cloud-oriented environments
What will you be doing in this role?
- Leading an accounting team that oversees the operations of multiple Legal Entities of an international technology company
- Manage a team of 12 individuals – controller, assistance controllers, and bookkeepers
- Overseeing the Legal Entities Day-to-day activities covering the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, financial reporting, tax, payroll, handling customers and vendors, treasury functions, cash flow, financial statement consolidation, etc.
- Oversee the annual, quarterly, and monthly financial close
- Prepare and submit benefits claims with the Israel Innovation Authority
- Managing grants applications with the Ministry of Economy
- Provision of support and assistance to other business units and stakeholders in the organization
- Oversee the Legal Entities’ accounts reconciliation and SOX compliance process
- Supervise local external accounting firms of the Legal Entities around the globe
- Closely working with the external auditors regularly
- Manage the preparation and submission of the Legal Entities’ statutory accounts and tax fillings.
Hours of Work / More important information for you:
Our base is in the Jerusalem, Israel office, working in a hybrid model
This is a full-time position.