The purpose of the Digital Strategy Manager role is to lead the development, planning and implementation of digital strategy, including both customer facing and internally facing initiatives. Coordinate formulation of wide digital strategy to drive transformational change to support business objectives and coordinate how digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
Digital Strategy Manager works within the Corporate Marketing Team to plan, prioritize and deliver ongoing digital
initiatives and projects, acting as the business owner coordinator of enterprise initiatives.
This role also integrates digital marketing strategy, online footprint and social media presence, ensuring
business unit marketing teams and digital channels reflect a consistent and planned approach. Provide thought
leadership in relation to problem solving and the identification of digital solutions and growth strategies.
• Work with business units to incorporate strong digital elements into strategies, contributing technical
expertise and commercial experience to the business planning process.
• Own the overall digital strategy for the group that creates business value, including but not exclusive to; improving customer experience, creating alternative sales and support channels and/or process efficiencies.
• Develop and consolidate an enterprise view of digital including alignment with strategy and marketing plans for business units, the owner creating a strong digital footprint.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of competitors activities in relation to digital and the markets in which they operate.
• Identify specific group digital strategic initiatives that will create long term value, educating and influencing
executives and key stakeholders throughout the process.
• Identify trends and insights and optimize outcomes from spend and performance based on insights.
• Develop and execute appropriate social media strategies to support the PGW Brand.
• Maintain & manage appropriate commercial agreements with social media partners
• Ensure the appropriate disciplines and compliance elements are executed across the company
• Lead the design of new features or enhancements to the current online platforms/applications.
• Be integral in designing and integrating additional e-commerce platforms as required by the business.
• Provide governance over web administration processes for the group by setting appropriate policies and
standards for business unit marketing teams to follow.
• Work collaboratively with BI team to maintain and utilize data collected through digital channels.
• Develop strategies for collecting, commercializing, and utilizing existing and new datasets in relation to digital
• Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; developing
and implementing service practices that meet or exceed customers’ needs.
- 5-7 years in digital experience in a challenging and complex online environment.
• Experience in marketing and familiarity and understanding of business processes.
• Proven working experience in the design and implementation of digital and data management strategies
• Ability to exercise a balanced and informed approach to problem solving, as well as situations involving
change, stress and conflict.
• Experience in coordinating/leading multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex business, marketing, and
• Experience in project management disciplines and promoting the integration of cross-functional teams.
• Ability to plan and prepare for outcomes on the basis of priority and effective management of time.
• Up to date high level Technical knowledge relevant to the position, including capability to understand basic IT
Infrastructure principles, digital technologies and e-commerce platforms