Lightricks is a pioneer in creativity tools that inspire people to craft visual content and share the world through their eyes with friends, family and followers. The company brings a unique blend of cutting-edge academic research, technology, and design to every product experience it creates. Lightricks’ suite of apps has over 400 million downloads worldwide and has won numerous prestigious awards — including Apple's App of the Year, the Apple Design Award and both Apple’s and Google Play’s Best of the Year. Every month, over 425 million images and videos are created and shared by individuals, influencers, and brands using a Lightricks-powered app.
Behind our successful apps there’s an extensive backend operation that: provides our apps with core services like authentication and payments; harnesses massive compute power for research purposes using advanced ML and data-science techniques and enables the development of advanced and unique features in our apps; allows Lightricks to extract the most from our products and our marketing efforts by smartly and efficiently utilising data.
About the team:
The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining reliable infrastructure and core services that allows our backend teams to focus their efforts on building their systems while utilizing these common resources. The team adopts new technologies and practices and accompanies other teams to successful integration of those. Our tech-stack includes Kubernetes in a multi-cloud environment, GitOps with Flux, Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and CloudFormation, Python and Shell for development / automation and various DBs for logs, metrics and other purposes.
Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive experience designing, building and maintaining highly reliable and scalable infrastructure in production environments. Someone who strongly advocates for DevOps best practices and believes in automation. Someone who can envision a long-term strategic road map and has the passion for executing it and leading others through it by inspiration and mentorship.
Your responsibilities as the head of our Cloud Infrastructure are listed below.
- Planning and executing the next-gen infrastructure and core services that will allow our backend teams to build up on, serve millions of users every day and scale even beyond that.
- Identify opportunities for developing infrastructure, tools or modules to support and ease the development and deployment processes for other backend teams.
- Maintaining and improving systems’ reliability through mechanisms like testing, automation and monitoring and guide the team to do the same.
- Continuously learn and apply industry best practices, pass this knowledge to the team and to other teams through guidance, lectures and workshops.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems that drives the team for growth and improvement.
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation.
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining scalable and highly available production backend systems in the cloud, preferably AWS or GCP.
- Experience in building and managing microservice systems in a containerized environment. Familiarity with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Good familiarity with various DB engines – relational and non-relational, and good understanding of when and how to utilize each.
- Experience with CI/CD solutions and writing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloud-Formation). Practicing GitOps methodology is a plus.
- Deep understanding of networking, protocols and network-security concepts.
- B.Sc. in computer science or similar quantitative field.