Lightricks creates award-winning apps – in the field of image, sound and video processing – used by hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world.
We are in the process of scaling up our cloud systems in order to expand to new markets and meet the growth in our user base. We’re looking for an experienced backend cloud engineer to join our cloud infrastructure team.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive. Someone who is just as passionate as we are about the craft of software engineering and system architecture. Someone who believes that writing resilient code and reliable infrastructure are necessities in the current software landscape, but can still appreciate the realities of business and can deliver on a tight schedule in a fast-paced environment. An individual who loves learning, understands the value of teamwork and cherishes the feedback of other talented engineers.
Our cloud core infrastructure team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining core services that are used by other backend teams in the company and some are directly integrated into our products and serve our customers directly.
Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive experience designing, building and maintaining highly reliable and scalable infrastructure in production environments. Someone who strongly advocates for DevOps best practices and believes in automation.
Your responsibilities as the DevOps for Cloud Platform are listed below.
- Design and develop reliable and scalable production core services that are used by millions of users of our apps every day.
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructure that will provide a reliable and scalable platform for other teams to build on.
- Improve systems’ reliability through mechanisms like testing, automation and monitoring.
- Learn and apply industry best practices and share this knowledge with other teams through guidance, lectures and workshops.
- Develop modules and tools to ease the development and deployment processes for other backend teams at the company.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Continuously evolve and learn new technologies that can improve our team’s workflow, accelerate the development process and make it more reliable.
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation.
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies.
- 3+ years of proven experience building and maintaining scalable and highly available systems in the cloud, preferably AWS or GCP.
- Experience in building and managing microservice systems in a containerized or serverless environment.
- Familiarity with various DB engines – relational and non-relational, and good understanding of when and how to utilize each.
- Experience with CI/CD solutions (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI etc.) and writing Infrastructure as Code (TerraForm, CloudFormation). Practicing GitOps methodology is a plus.
- Hands-on experience of working with container orchestrating of a production grade workload, preferably with Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of networking, protocols and network-security concepts.
- Good familiarity with UNIX-like operating-systems and experience writing shell scripts.
- B.Sc. in computer science or similar quantitative field.