Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
The DevOps CI Engineer will need to utilize their knowledge of system engineering infrastructure and automation to perform the implementation, operational support, maintenance and optimization of systems integrations and automations.
In this role you will contribute to our talented global system team and join them in shaping our emerging cloud solution while using innovative technologies.
A typical day might include the following:
- Maintaining, analyzing and troubleshooting automations, system related issues and providing thorough, timely resolutions to operational issues
- Designing, implementing and configuring system infrastructures and tools
- Coding languages: Python, Bash
- Managing projects and collaborating with global teams to meet project goals and deliveries
- Developing and maintaining processes, knowledge articles and documentation
- As part of the ExLibris cloud team you’ll handle:
- Developing and managing automations and configuration management tools
- Dealing with compute resources and hardware
- Linux and windows servers (OS level)
- Virtualization (Red Hat KVM), VMware, Oracle virtualization, Containers (K8’s)
- Managing infrastructure support tools
- Bringing innovative solutions to the team for consideration and implementation
- Sharing knowledge with other teams and develop documentation and procedures to support lower tiers
- Apply and maintain industry best practice approaches and enterprise standards to ensure reliable cloud services that supports organizational goals and objectives.
- Implementing and operating large scale datacenter computing resources, utilizing a variety of technical equipment, including network devices, storage controllers, servers and security devices
- Conducting research on compute and other system products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of latest developments in the industry
- Performing regular system audits, identifying vulnerabilities, threats and performance issues
Technical Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as, Computer Science, or at least 4 years’ related experience in Systems Engineering, or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Experienced with the Linux operating system (Preferably CentOS)
- Experienced with Windows server
- Experienced with Python and Bash scripting and automations
- Experienced with Enterprise level networks including protocols, routing and switching (Layers 4-7)
- Experienced with Shared Storage HW and protocols (NAS\SAN) – advantage
- Knowledge of Service Now coding and integration – advantage
- Experienced in conducting research in system solutions/products and performing proof of concept testing
- Ability to self-teach new subjects
General Minimum Qualifications:
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and knowledge
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolutions and maintain strong relationships
Good working knowledge of both spoken and written English
More important information for you:
- The office is located in Jerusalem Israel. During this period staff are working remotely. Some remote working flexibility is available in the long term.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.