About Ex Libris
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
We a looking for a software development and technology director with ability to get software projects to customers on time and on budget, combining technical knowledge, development skills, business acumen and inter-personal skills to lead collaboration between business groups and technology organizations.
The incumbent will be responsible for the company mobile campus SaaS solution developments processes, analyzing processes, functional and technical characterization of requirements, solutions, tests, and quality assurance.
The incumbent will manage approx. 25 people, in multiple geographical locations, including 2-3 managers reporting to him.
- Building and managing multi-disciplined software teams and overseeing the development processes using industry best practices
- Managing teams across different geographical locations
- Responsible for code reviews and mentoring the software development team
- Support change management process to manage software releases, application patching and changes to production configurations.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages
B.Sc. in Computer Sciences/Software Engineering from a recognized academic institution
Required Professional Experience
- At least 5-6 years of experience in leading developments teams in similar scale to the one described above
- Experience managing several development teams
- Experience in SaaS and scaling of SaaS environments
- Experience in managing development using Agile methodology
- Experience with mobile platform development (iOS and Android)
- Experience in managing in Java, web and mobile technologies
- Experience managing in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in developing a global program
English on a very high level
Important skills / characteristics
- Managing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and manage a multitasking environment
- Ability to handle stress