We’re a mission-driven leader in medical technology and solutions with a legacy of integrity and innovation. Be a part of a community of experts committed to ensuring quality, affordable healthcare worldwide.
Come strengthen your specialized skills and enhance your expertise. We’ll support you with the training, mentorship, guidance, and networks you need to advance, and empower you to work in the way that’s best for you.
Together, we can confront the challenges that will change the face of healthcare. Join us for a career that change lives.
The Design Technician will be a member of the R&D engineering team, support engineer activities of new and exciting patient monitoring products. The Design Technician is expected to work with design and reliability engineers to perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas.
The Design Technician will have responsibility for constructs, troubleshoots, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
The Design Technician will perform analysis of returned legacy product.
• Perform and support Product Development activities such as equipment qualifications, products verification, and test method validations
• Work closely with Electrical, Mechanical Engineers and DA
• Works from electrical schematics, engineering drawings and written (assembly, layout, and PCB artwork) or verbal instructions
• Responsible to operate and maintain the electronic lab
• Participate in external labs testing (EMC, Safety, Environmental etc.)
• Participate during Manufacturing in troubleshooting operations involving medical devices through assembly and testing.
• Supporting engineers to perform Design of Experiments (DOEs)
• Work with complex electronics and test equipment; define Engineering test environment; provide schematics to build prototype test boards; design and build test fixtures
• Plan, review, oversee and conduct testing of medical devices products
• Develop protocols, collect data, perform basic data analysis, and prepare reports
• Performs technical activities requiring considerable judgment and may have ownership of minor projects
Education: EE Practical Engineer/ Technician
Minimum of 5+ years of technical experience.
• Experience in reworking and soldering of surface mount components and assembly of prototype test boards using microscopes
• Experience in performing characterization and design verification testing, sets up lab equipment and executes electrical tests following engineering test procedures and to analyze, interpret and document test data
• Experience in test instruments such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, digital multi meters, spectrum analyzers, etc.
• Experience in setting up electronic circuit boards, devices and systems and Performing tests, troubleshoots, repairs and documents test results
• Experience in basic electronic components and component functionality
• Experience with digital and analog Printed Circuit Boards (PCBAs), microcontrollers, analog circuitry, linear and switching regulators
• Experience in the design, source, fabricate, assembly, modification and completion of test fixtures and equipment
• Strong “hands on” skills
Nice to have:
• Previous experience working in EMC lab environment
• Medical Device background
• Computer skills in Orcad, Altium, LabVIEW, Minitab
• Experience with RF and low-power electronics
• Previous repair/analysis work experience
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.