Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will help us in discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of research data generated by scholars worldwide and help us in making smart and accurate decisions in our new Research Services solution.
A typical day might include the following:
- Research, select and tune machine learning models and algorithms to enrich our knowledge on various activities done in the research world using multiple data sources.
- Analyze data to assess the algorithm quality and performance and find areas for improvement.
- Work with the development team to integrate these algorithms with the production data sources and the application ecosystem.
- Create and maintaining tools for measuring algorithm performance and analyzing its quality
Qualified candidates must have:
- BSc in Mathematics/Computer Science/Physics/Statistics or in a related field.
- +3 years' experience with data science and with analyzing large data sets.
- Experience in using multiple data sources to develop strategies with outputs that are insightful and actionable.
- Ability to carry out complex projects in data science and analytics with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages, including Python.
- High level of Hebrew and English
It would be awesome if you also had:
- MSc / PhD in Mathematics/Computer Science/Physics/Statistics or in a related field.
- Familiarity with NLP related projects.
- Familiarity with Semantic Web and Linked Data Technologies: Standards/Protocols, Ontology, Discovery/Search, Recommendation, and Knowledge Graph.
- Familiarity with deep learning and with its application in NLP and text processing.
- Knowledge of the academic research process – advantage
This job might be for you if:
- You thrive in a high-touch, service-oriented customer service role
- You will enjoy challenging but stimulating work that presents a unique challenge every day
- You see service level goals as an opportunity to demonstrate your value
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office
- During COVID-19 the position can be fulfilled from home
- This position normally requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance
Why Ex Libris?
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
- At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!