We are looking for a business oriented Data Scientist to join our R&D center. The position is to be part of the team responsible for Via’s research in a wide variety of topics, implementing solutions, and presenting your results to senior management. Our team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products. Critical projects will focus on data-driven insights to guide product development and business direction.
What You'll Do
- Analyze large and complex data sets to discover hidden opportunities and help translate them into real product improvements.
- Develop predictive components to be deeply embedded in the algorithm and increase system efficiency.
- Assume responsibility for your research project, from initiation and feature design, through gathering insights, to implementing solutions and monitoring their performance.
- MBA / M.Sc. degree in technical/quantitative disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- Strong background in analysis and modelling
- Advantage for people with consulting experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Unafraid of diving into uncharted territories.
- Hands on “can do” attitude – with a desire to tackle complex problems.
- Independent, capable of taking ownership on issues from end to end.
- Real life experience – implementing statistical and machine learning, time series analysis, mathematical modelling.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Capable of summarizing complex data and visualizing it simply and succinctly.
- Curiosity and a will to learn new technologies.