Here at Lightricks, an award-winning mobile app startup, we’re in the process of scaling up our backend systems in order to meet the growth of our user base. We are looking for a savvy Data Platform Engineer to join our growing team of analytic-data experts. The team is responsible for providing the technological solutions to the various data consumers within the company, including BI analysts, marketing analysts, product managers, data scientists and more.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder or infrastructure engineer who enjoys building data systems from the ground up and optimizing them; someone who is excited by the prospect of optimizing and re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
We're looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, who works well both independently and as a part of a team, and who is passionate about what they are doing.
- Build and own the infrastructure required for optimal ETLing data from a wide variety of data sources including mobile apps and internal & external data producers
- Design, build and maintain optimal data pipelines’ architecture
- Define and own the systems and processes that deliver data to the data-warehouse and maintain these systems as well as the data-warehouse itself
- Identify bottlenecks in internal data processes and work to resolve them by automating processes, optimizing data delivery and storage, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc.
- Integrate new tools and solutions that can empower the company’s data consumers and help assimilate them
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing and building data-intensive architecture
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented/general purpose languages such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience in optimizing data pipelines and data sets using various patterns of data processing (stream processing, batching, etc.)
- Experience building processes dealing with data transformation, data structures, metadata and dependency & workload management
- SQL, data modeling, and relational database experience as well as understanding of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks
- Familiarity with various types of databases, including OLAP and NoSQL
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- B.Sc. in computer science or similar quantitative field