Come help change global trade.
Much like our dashingly good looks and great freight puns, data is a strategic differentiator for Freightos. Want proof? We recently launched the Freightos Baltic Index (FBX), the world’s most definitive container shipping index (think S&P 500 for containers). We are are going to be doing more of that. You’ll be leading the charge. Across Freightos’ fantastically favorable freight features, we use data to analyze user behavior, funnel conversion, match features to different user segments, build financial models to drive long term planning, optimize our coffee machine operation time and much more.
But there is much data and little time. So we’re looking for a Data Analyst to write the SeQueL to our wonderful journey, creating new metrics and insights, and be a focal point of all technical aspects of our BI activity. We’ll give you ownership of our data and you give us analysis, ideas, and actionable insights that helps us scale to global domination.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Outline specific data needs for each analysis project with department managers, key stakeholders, and our coffee guy.
- Together with management,help define KPIs and key metrics, while providing the dashboards and reports that we can kick back and watch while sipping pina coladas as we crush our business goals
- Like an Engima Machine for raw data, you’ll interpret inputs, analyze results with fancy statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports
- You don’t need to be a Rainman…but you’ll help Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Identify and facilitate acquisition of external datasets. Sound broad? Yea, freight is pretty ubiquitous.
- Generate recommendations and actionable insights to drive product and business processes
- Work closely with R&D team to spec and develop data requirements. Treat them nice.
- Create and maintain in-house and customer facing reports and dashboards. No pie charts though. Or maybe just one.
- The data must be strong with this one. You should have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate huge amounts of information. But it shouldn’t come at the expense of detail or accuracy.
- Unless you have a TI calculator you really love, you’ll need a strong grasp and experience with reporting packages, databases, BI tools etc.
- Select * Where ‘SQL_Skills’ > incredible
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Beyond the language of data, you have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- A team player and detailed oriented (we copied that one from some big corporation and felt like it sounded cool)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics, BI and big data
- Experience with website funnel analysis and optimization.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (SPSS, SAS etc Excel – macros etc.).
- Experience with programming/scripting (Python, Java, Perl).
- Experience writing specs for R&D teams
- Data visualization experience
- Data warehouse design