Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
The Content Support Specialist addresses client reported issues with metadata quality for our knowledgebase and discovery solution products.
A typical day might include the following:
- Acts as first responder to incoming client-reported cases involving metadata quality issues or concerns.
- Analyzes reported issues to determine scope and severity.
- Implements fixes and/or solutions to resolve reported metadata issues.
- Communicates status and resolution information on all cases to clients via CRM software.
- Identifies and escalates more complex metadata quality issues internally for resolution.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus a minimum of 1 year client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned cases.
- Strong customer service skills, with a ‘customer first’ focus and mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Knowledgeable of bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting.
- XML, XSLT, Ruby, and/or other programming languages that aid in data manipulation.
- Fluency in additional languages other than English.
More important information for you:
• This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office. During COVID-19 the position can be fulfilled from home.
• This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance. There is some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.