Freightos.com is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace. Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s….and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
About the position
The (truly remarkable, if we may say so ourselves) Freightos marketing team is looking for a standout content creator to craft cargo content that makes freight simple, bringing clarity to the most complicated aspects of global freight.
You’ll learn logistics obsessively, with the energy of an 11-year-old post a full box of Fruity pebbles. You’ll speak to customers, get into their shoes (figuratively speaking), collaborate across marketing and other departments, self-educate, and write freight prose that will appease even the most intimidated importer.
In order to strategically decide what to write, you’ll explore keywords (ain’t no party like an SEO party), title tags, and link-building. And you’ll implement SEO optimizations while working with our pretty, pretty awesome agency. You’ll create valuable content that informs both readers and search engines, from long-form freight tutorials to short videos.
Excited yet? Well, the best part is that you’ll join a fun team of creative marketers with organic traffic that’s on fire (in a good way). When you join, you’ll check the data daily and implement new ideas to keep growing!
Please include at least one writing sample when submitting your application.
- Create, optimize, and distribute content to increase organic traffic and signups while providing a great user experience
- Produce content into a variety of formats (blogs, guides, videos) to reach a wider audience of new customers and retain current ones or repurpose organic content
- Harness company expertise, our internal network, freight industry data, and news into usable materials such as guides and webinars
- Oversee contributed content, both of other companies on Freightos.com, and Freightos content on other websites
- Maintain a strong relationship with Our SEO agency for ongoing tracking and optimization
- Own marketing’s role in seller communication to drive Seller reliability, for a better shipment experience for our Buyers
- Analyze and report on weekly KPIs for traffic, signups and conversions of high-traffic pages
- Basic Qualifications
- English mother tongue
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing or journalism
- Understanding of target audience, and valuable content at different funnel stages
- Creativity in crafting a story – from ad copy to videos to written content
- Clarity in speech and writing, can explain complicated topics in a straightforward manner
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of people inside and outside the company
- Super quick at learning and researching new topics independently
- Basic analytics skills (Google Analytics, Ahrefs, DOMO)
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience with WordPress, basic HTML
- Video editing
- Eye for design, experience with Sketch or other design tools a plus
- Social media marketing
Temporary position for 6 months (maternity leave replacement)