Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success. Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
As a Content Product Owner at Ex Libris, you would be a trailblazer. The Content Product Owner will work closely with the Content Operations group to design and define requirements to enhance and create solutions and tools for managing operations work at large scales, massive content repositories, and provider engagement systems.
This roll also included managing internal-facing interactions, development scope and prioritization for the Content Operations team.
The Content Product Owner need to balance internal customer demands with development and product capabilities, as well as be accountable for the created solutions and tools.
A typical day might include the following:
- Gather requirements, ideas and needs from customers (internal and external), product management and development teams
- Create and write requirements both for functional and performance needs, solution designs, and supporting documentation that is appropriately detailed to be clearly understood by the development teams
- Define success metrics and “definition of done” for user stories, projects and initiatives
- Work closely with Product Management and Development to groom and prioritize backlog
- Collaborate and engage with many interfaces and teams within Ex Libris and ProQuest, and externally with customers and content providers
Qualified candidates must have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in a software organization, involving development or product definition roles
- Experience in writing requirements/user stories and designing solutions
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, and to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- High analytical capabilities
- Self-learning capabilities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Very high level of English
It would be awesome if you also had:
- MBA or other relevant Masters
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and best practices
- Background in library sciences or familiarity with the field
- Experience in knowledge management
- Creative thinking, open to unique solutions and thoughts