A Content Operations analyst will be part of a dynamic data team, will be expected to take responsibility over the following tasks:
- Analyze and resolve data loading issues
- Data quality analysis, teste and QA tasks in cooperation with other group functions
- customer support queries
- Provide technical support for support team members
- Sc. or B.A.
- Advantage to MA in Information Science
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Strong customer service skills, with a ‘customer first’ focus and mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role
- Knowledgeable of bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting.
- Familiarity with SQL, Unix, Perl will be considered an advantage
English at a very high level
Candidates must reside in the Jerusalem area and be willing to work long hours
Ex Libris is always on the look out for talented individuals who are interested in taking on challenging roles in a successful, international environment. Suitable candidates with relevant education, experience and technical skills are invited to join our team of over 450 professionals in the field of programming, information sciences, support, implementation, sales, marketing and administration.