Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success. Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
The Content Operations analyst will be part of a dynamic data team and will be expected to be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensures the quality and scope of knowledgebases; accurately adds new content, validates the correctness of metadata and content updates, runs various quality control reports
- Demonstrates customer focus by analyzing and resolving errors and incidents reported by clients and/or providers in a timely manner
- Proactive identification of improvements
- Works closely with BA, Development and Support teams
- Assists with maintaining the departmental documentation and training manuals, including identifying best practices and championing improvements associated with management of workflow
- May provide the following: training to new analysts, Customer Experience, and Sales; help identify new strategies to improve content and metadata acquisition and integration workflow; assistance to senior members of the team on projects; ideas for new internal tools or improvements to existing ones
Qualified candidates must have:
- Sc. or B.A.
- MA in Information Sciences an advantage
- English at a very high level
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact in a professional manner with a variety of personalities to reach resolution of issues
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently while maintaining consistency
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Knowledge of bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting
- Familiarity with SQL, Unix, Perl
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office
- The position reports to Content Operations Manager
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance
- Why Ex Libris?
We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!