Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success. Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
Ex Libris is seeking for a Cloud Technical Architect. The technical architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting Cloud Solutions Architect activities that create deliverables that guide the direction and development for technological responses to disruptive forces and driving targeted business outcomes. Technologies may include data center, infrastructure, cloud and mobile technologies.
Technical architects provide the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's technical architecture. They create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (reusable standards, guidelines, individual parts and configurations) for evolving the technical infrastructure across the enterprise, in order to enable business strategy and deliver targeted business outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions.
A typical day might include the following:
Oversee, or consult on, technology implementation and modification activities, application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise technical architecture to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
Conduct and run technical evaluation/PoC of key technologies/tools/solutions hold by Cloud Services. Build technology and solution prototypes and integration to ensure readiness before implementation in production
Document necessary enterprise technology architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
Connect with the development teams to ensure existing and new Ex Libris applications are planned and designed to run effectively and efficiently in the Ex Libris Cloud and in any utilized Public Clouds.
Evaluate current systems and propose opportunities to optimize and consolidate where appropriate
Lead initiatives in the various Cloud Services technology areas in order to select, acquire, build-out and operate with high-efficiency, while enabling growth.
Work with Operations, 24x7Hub and other teams on designing new methods, procedures, documents, and ways of working within the Cloud Services group
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, application architecture, automation development, middleware, servers and storage, database management, and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hebrew
- Technical and architectural knowledge of:
- Cloud design and integration – on-premise and public cloud
- Linux and Windows environments
- Containers and Kubernetes
- Automation and Orchestration
- Management Tools (eg. Monitoring, Security, API Gateway, Virtualization, Cloud Management, DNS, IPAM, Backup/Restore, Security, Configuration Management)
- Data Center infrastructure (Compute, Networking and Storage)
- Public Cloud (AWS)
- Disaster Recovery
- DevOps Transformation, CI/CD
- Log Management
It would be awesome if you also had:
Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
More important information for you:
- Our base is in the Jerusalem, Israel office, working in a hybrid model (3 days remotely)
- This role will be reporting to the Director of the Cloud Services architecture
Why Ex Libris?
We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events.
- All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy, and academic journals.
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!