What will I be doing?
The Cloud Systems and Automation Engineer will need to utilize their deep knowledge of system engineering infrastructure and automation to perform the implementation, operational support, maintenance and optimization of systems integrations and automations.
In this role you will contribute to our talented global system team and join them in shaping our emerging cloud solution while using innovative technologies.
A typical day might include the following:
- Maintaining, analyzing and troubleshooting automations, system related issues and providing thorough, timely resolutions to operational issues
- Designing, implementing and configuring system infrastructures and tools
- Coding languages: Python, Bash
- Managing projects and collaborating with global teams to meet project goals and deliveries
- Developing and maintaining processes, knowledge articles and documentation
- As part of the ExLibris cloud team you’ll handle:
- Developing and managing automations and configuration management tools
- Dealing with compute resources and hardware
- Linux and windows servers (OS level)
- Virtualization (Red Hat KVM), VMware, Oracle virtualization, Containers (K8’s)
- Managing infrastructure support tools
- Bringing innovative solutions to the team for consideration and implementation
- Sharing knowledge with other teams and develop documentation and procedures to support lower tiers
- Apply and maintain industry best practice approaches and enterprise standards to ensure reliable cloud services that supports organizational goals and objectives.
- Implementing and operating large scale datacenter computing resources, utilizing a variety of technical equipment, including network devices, storage controllers, servers and security devices
- Monitoring and testing server performance, while managing computing capacity, providing computing performance statistics and reports and managing servers’ system backups
- Conducting research on computing and other system products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of latest developments in the industry
- Performing regular system audits, identifying vulnerabilities, threats and performance issues
Technical Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as, Computer Science, or at least 4 years’ related experience in Systems Engineering, or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Vast experience with the Linux operating system (CentOS)
- Experience with Windows server
- Experience with Python and Bash scripting and automations
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL queries
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Experience with Enterprise level networks including protocols, routing and switching (Layers 4-7)
- Experience with Shared Storage HW and protocols (NAS\SAN) – advantage
- Knoweldge of Service Now coding and intergation – advantage
- Experience conducting research in system solutions/products and performing proof of concept testing
- Ability to self-teach new subjects
General Minimum Qualifications:
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and knowledge
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolutions and maintain strong relationships
- Good working knowledge of both spoken and written English
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office location.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.