Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
As a Cloud Service Operations Engineer (CSOE) (m/f), you will be part of a large, global operations team responsible for implementing operational procedures for internal and customer-facing production infrastructure and applications. You will act as owners of all aspects of service operations – from availability to security to service level compliance.
A typical day might include the following:
The ideal candidate should have a solid technical background with Cloud and virtualization management, and systems administration experience
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain Cloud infrastructure globally in various Cloud and virtualization management tools (KVM, AWS, OVM, K8S).
- Provide second-tier support for cloud services in multiple Data Centers including emergency support on-call rotation of 24/7.
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis of service disruption incidents and create both reactive and preventive procedures.
- Take a methodical approach to stability analysis and scaling, interface with Cloud Infrastructure, support and development teams.
- Enhance monitoring configurations and automate response actions.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and documentation of various systems onboarding into the cloud infrastructure including servers, network equipment, and a variety of software applications.
- Plan and execute enhancement projects such as software upgrades, storage migrations and efficiency assessment.
Qualified candidates must have:
- BA/BS Degree Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent educational background.
- Experience with Cloud Services such as KVM, AWS.
- Unix/Linux administration experience – mandatory.
- Windows administration experience.
- Knowledge in Network architecture and components (FW, Load Balancer, switches Routers) and networking diagnosis. CCNA is an advantage.
- Experience in NAS/SAN storage solutions.
- Documentation experience – Writing technical documents.
- English at a very high level both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Highly service oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Strong multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to learn independently.
It would be awesome if you also had:
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of programming and scripting languages. At least Python or Bash at a high level.
- CI/CD working experience.
- Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow), ITIL Certified.
- Knowledge in Monitoring Tools.
- Knowledge in version control solutions – advantage
- Knowledge in Jenkins pipelines & Job DSL – advantage
- Knowledge in Kubernetes systems – advantage
- Knowledge in Monitoring Tools – advantage
- Familiarity with DB such as Oracle, My SQL, MS SQL, Cassandra, Hadoop.
- Additional languages will be considered an advantage.