Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
You will be part of highly professional DevOps team that collaborates with the cloud engineering team to shape our emerging cloud management solutions using innovative technologies.
The Cloud Development Engineer’s responsibilities include supporting the application platform development team(s) and performing activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion. This individual will develop pragmatic solutions, build flexible systems and choose simple solutions over complex solutions.
They will be responsible for conducting research and making recommendations on standards, products, tools, and services.
The position will include ensuring that application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable and high available, secure, and compliant with company standards and practices, as well as legal/regulatory requirements.
The responsibilities include Implementing and maintaining system configurations and baselines to support secure application development, software controls, best practices and standards.
They will contribute to the creation of system support documents, such as run-books used by our NOC team.
Technical Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience in implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission critical environments
- Experience leading software engineering in a cloud environment for tools, infrastructure and automation development
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and System at scale (RedHat/CentOS)
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Development experience with Python and Bash scripting
- Proven experience with Configuration Management using Chef or Ansible
- Experience with Log management tools using Elastic or Splunk
- Knowledge in databases and comfortable with various open source databases
- Understanding in systems architecture and infrastucture (networking, security, storage and system)
- Demonstrates ability to automate repetitive tasks using a common scripting or programming language
- Experience with Agile methodology (Scrum)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with virtualization platforms: Redhat KVM and VMware vSphere
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Pipelines
- Experience with version Control tools: GIT, GITHub or GITLab
- Experience with monitoring tools, and alerting systems based on Nagios
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Secert Management tools
- Experience with Docker or other container-based technologies
- Knowledge in advanced monitoring solutions: Prometheus and Grafana
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to support a high availability production environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both face-to-face and on the phone
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and cross-functional team environment
- Fast learner, detail-oriented, good team player
- Initiative and responsible
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to work in global organization
- Self-learning abilities
- Innovative and creative!
More important information for you:
- This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office location
- Occasional travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible