Lightricks creates award-winning apps – in the field of image, sound and text processing – used by hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world.
We’re in the process of scaling up our backend systems in order to meet the growth of both active users and employees. We’re looking for a backend architect, with hands-on experience in building reliable and scalable cloud-based services and robust infrastructure.
At a high level, this role will allow you to shape our backend, lead best practices and solve the hardest problems across the backend platform.
- Directly manage the backend infrastructure team of senior engineers: create shared tools for the software craftsman, educate developers about the infrastructure your team will build & scale, and bring the finest production philosophy into practice within the backend domain.
- Mentor, guide and grow backend tech leads so that they can do the same inside their respective teams.
- Provide insight to the entire platform and be the go-to person for all other devs, from the bit level to the high level architecture of giant, mission-critical software.
- Construct the interview process for backend engineers, build the onboarding process to train new joiners and champion the continued growth of senior developers.
- 7+ years of backend development experience, preferably in Python.
- Proven experience of delivering large, successful backend projects.
- High familiarity with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud infrastructure.
- 4+ years of hands on experience with building, deploying and maintaining scalable systems on cloud environment.
- Good understanding of critical production systems concepts – high availability, reliability and scalability.
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP.
- Deep knowledge of at least one SQL database (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.); noSQL databases – a plus.
- Experience building big-data solutions that include data pipelining and processing infrastructures – a plus.
- 5+ years of broad management experience: individuals, teams and projects management.
- Great communication skills.
- Team player.