Not exciting enough? Look down.
Everything you wear, eat, or use comes from somewhere. And freight makes it happen.
With $19 trillion of goods shipped annually, you’d think it was a ticking machine. It wasn’t. Until Freightos came along. We make global trade frictionless, enabling simple, transparent importing for thousands of companies around the world with freightos.com, the world’s largest digital freight marketplace. We also digitize freight sales for over 2,000 of the top global logistics providers with WebCargo, while also connecting logistics providers to the largest air and ocean providers.
Sounds complicated? It is. But it’s also incredible to change the world. BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal all agree, as do our investors, who have invested nearly $100 million dollars in our vision.
And now it’s your turn.
Freightos is looking for a bookkeeper to join our fast-paced finance team for a maternity leave cover of 7-8 months.
You’ll handle the financial aspects of our global operations.
You’ll be part of a team that is responsible for the company’s day-to-day bookkeeping, including posting transactions and maintaining consolidated records across a group of companies in a timely manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Keep books (and not Harry Potter), maintaining accounts for the group’s companies. We’re growing fast and that means you need to be on top of your game to: verify, reconcile, allocate, and post day-to-day transactions
- We’ve noticed that the month ends almost every month, so you’ll be responsible for completing the full monthly close process, through to Trial Balance
- Years end too, so you’ll assist in the preparation of year-end close for audit and tax returns
- Our marketing team has a tendency to spend a lot, which means that you’ll be responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare and file monthly reports and payments to local authorities (VAT, Labor & corporate tax)
- Review on a monthly basis subsidiary financial statements accuracy and differences
- Minimum of three years accounting or bookkeeping experience including, accounts payable, accounting journal entries, accounts receivable, general ledger, inter-company accounts and reconciliations and multi-currency
- Level 3 bookkeeper qualification
- Proficient in English and Hebrew (both written and verbal skills)
- Experience using accounting systems and platforms
- Proficient in Excel and internet-savvy
- Strong organization skills, speed, accuracy, excellent customer service and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to analyze information and suggest solutions
- Experience in a hitech or start-up environment
- Experience in Netsuite ERP (or other ERP accounting systems), a plus but not required
- Full time position (with flexible hours)
- Location: Remote. Our office is located in Jerusalem, but during covid-19 we're working remotely