Lightricks creates award-winning apps – in the field of image, sound and video processing – used by hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world.
We are in the process of scaling up our cloud systems in order to expand to new markets and meet the growth in our user base. We’re looking for an experienced backend cloud engineer to join our research infrastructure team.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive. Someone who is just as passionate as we are about the craft of software engineering and system architecture. Someone who believes that writing resilient code and reliable infrastructure are necessities in the current software landscape, but can still appreciate the realities of business and can deliver on a tight schedule in a fast-paced environment. An individual who loves learning, understands the value of teamwork and cherishes the feedback of other talented engineers.
Our Research infrastructure team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining all the services that are used by the research team to create the cutting edge technology that drives the magic in our apps and some are directly integrated into our products and serve our customers directly.
Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive experience designing, building and maintaining highly reliable and scalable infrastructure in production environments. Someone who strongly advocates for DevOps best practices and believes in automation.
Your responsibilities as the Backend Engineer for the Research team are listed below.
- Design and develop reliable and scalable production core services that are used by millions of users of our apps every day.
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructure that will provide a reliable and scalable platform for other teams to build on.
- Improve systems’ reliability through mechanisms like testing, automation and monitoring.
- Learn and apply industry best practices and share this knowledge with other teams through guidance, lectures and workshops.
- Develop modules and tools to ease the development and deployment processes for other backend teams at the company.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Continuously evolve and learn new technologies that can improve our team’s workflow, accelerate the development process and make it more reliable.
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies.
- 4+ years of experience developing production backend systems in one or more of the following programming languages: Python (preferred) or some strongly-typed language (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- 4+ years of proven experience building and maintaining scalable and highly available systems in the cloud.
- Familiarity with various DB engines – relational and non-relational, and good understanding of when and how to utilize each.
- B.Sc. in computer science or similar quantitative field.
- Hands-on experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in building and managing microservice systems in a containerized environment.
- Practicing GitOps methodology.
- Deep understanding of networking, protocols and network-security concepts.
- Good familiarity with UNIX-like operating-systems and experience writing shell scripts.
- Experience with CI/CD solutions (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI etc.).