The position is to explore the vast collection of relevant data and create the artificial intelligence algorithms that drive Via's mass scale, complex, multi-dimensional automated dispatch. Mathematically model the competing demands on Via's system.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to analyze demand, traffic and fleet performance, and generate insights that inform algorithm development.
- Develop online decision-making systems that maximize fleet utilization while maintaining quality of service for riders.
- Develop algorithms that implement decision-making systems in an efficient and scalable way.
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Significant academic research experience in relevant fields.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory.
- Good understanding of statistics and data analysis techniques.
- Analytical: you can extract the essential features of a complex real-life problem to arrive at a simple and relevant mathematical model.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Hands-on: you are able to realize your ideas in code.